There is nothing quite like a bowl of warm home made soup on these chilly days. We have picked out a few easy yummy recipes to warm the family up this Winter. Team up with crunchy bread rolls there is nothing better.
CHICKEN, CORN & RISONI SOUP (source: taste.com.au)
- 30g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1 1/2 litres chicken stock
- 1 cup dried risoni pasta (see note)
- 1 cup shredded silverbeet leaves (see tip)
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- baby basil leaves, to serve
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is soft. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add corn and stock to pan. Bring to boil. Add pasta. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Add silverbeet and cream to pan. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Remove from heat. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Season with pepper.
MINI MINESTRONE (source: taste.com.au)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 large celery stick, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 750ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- 420g can five bean mix, rinsed, drained
- 105g (1/2 cup) dried small shell pasta
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini and garlic, stirring, for 5-10 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
Stir in the tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the beans and pasta. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Season with pepper. Ladle among bowls. Top with parsley.
EASY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP (source: foodtolove.com.au)
30 g butter 1 onion, thinly sliced 6 cups chicken stock 420 g can creamed corn 125 g dried thin egg noodles 1 1/2 cups shredded barbecued chicken chives, to serve
In a large saucepan, melt 30g butter on medium. Saute onion 4-5 minutes until tender.
Stir in chicken stock and creamed corn. Bring to the boil on high. Add egg noodles and cook 8-10 minutes until noodles are tender.
Stir through chicken. Cook 1 minute and season to taste. Serve topped with chives.