Renovating your kitchen is something you are not going to do too often. So you want to get it right. Choosing the right colour and style is crucial as it can’t be easily changed.
A white kitchen is certainly the most popular colour choice and there is good reason for that. However, consider the Pros and Cons and what applies to you before making your choice.
- A white kitchen is timeless and will always be in style. Other colours will come and go but a white kitchen will always work.
- White will make a kitchen look spacious. If you have a small kitchen white would be a good choice.
- If you are planning on selling your home in the future then white is a good choice, always popular when selling.
- A white kitchen is common, and a popular choice, but can lack personality.
- White can look a little cold and clinical which is not what we want for ‘the heart of the home’.
The negatives are not huge and can be turned into pros quite easily. You can always mix textures and maybe just use a few timber accents to add some warmth to yoru white kitchen. It is about creating balance.
Adding an interesting lighting option can also enhance a white kitchen. Maybe a chandelier type light that can add a bit of glamour to your kitchen space.
At the end of the day if you decide on a white kitchen it doesn’t need to look like one of the common kitchens we see all over the country. You can easily add your own personality and make it stand out from the crowd.